Saturday, October 27, 2012

Judy's Brown Paper Bag Asparagus

The first time I had this at Pat and Judy's, I couldn't believe she was using a brown paper bag.  It took me back - 'in the day' we cooked a whole chicken in a brown paper bag.

The asparagus was delicious, and now this is the only way I cook it.

See link below for the recipe.  You need asparagus, olive oil, a lemon, bay leaves, and salt and pepper.

I do a few things differently:

  • I sprinkle the asparagus with olive oil - I do not sprinkle the paper bag on the outside.
  • I line a baking pan with foil before placing the bag on it.
  • I have squeezed lemon (at least half a lemon) over the asparagus instead of using slices.
The cooking time varies based on the size of the asparagus spears and how tender you want them.



Steamed asparagus - Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment